Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

We got a first-timer out here..

bobeazy

Reaction score
Hey folks, while I wait for my truck to be delivered (longest week of my life) I figured I'd submit my intro. I'm arriving here with a new to me 2022 RAM 2500 Laramie. I am located in Colorado near Denver, and I'm excited to be a part of the forum. It took me a long time to find a truck that checked all the boxes and didn't require a second mortgage, but here I am. I have never owned a RAM truck before, and I owned my previous GM 1/2 ton for 12 years so I'm guessing I have a lot more reading to do on this forum. I did use many of the threads y'all have posted and replied to to make decisions on which truck I should acquire and what to look out for so thanks for that!

I'm really a stock truck guy by nature, but have a tonneau cover and some CB radio accessories in the mail to get myself started. This is our family's primary travel vehicle, tow rig, camping truck, you name it. Trying to pace myself getting this one set up- it took me a decade to perfect my old truck. Just in time to get something new, right? It's like dogs: they really get dialed-in to "pro dog" status during their last few years and then you get to start fresh with a pup.

Thanks for having me.

Screenshot_20231121-203956.png

Cheers,
Rob

Last edited:

79 300

Reaction score
Looks very nice. You should be impressed with all the advancements they made in the last 12 years, regardless of the make.

Crusty old shellback

Reaction score
Welcome and congrats. I'm a first time RAM owner as well. 2 1/2 years and 50K miles on and I'm still liking it.

oppizzippo

Reaction score
Welcome, good looking truck. I think you'll be happy with your new RAM.

bobeazy

Reaction score
Thanks for the warm welcome y'all. A few things I'm pretty excited about while I'm sitting here waiting for it to arrive ↓
  • 8 speed transmission vs. 4 speed
  • vented seats
  • 3/4 ton payload
  • Daaaaaaaang, this thing's got a Hemi?
joe dirt.png

Users who are viewing this thread