Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do TO your RAM today?

jadmt

Reaction score
Monday morning fun!!

Came out to a dead battery... hit the 'start' and nothing but a 'blink' and a 'pop' from the speakers.
Checked voltage and it was down to 10... I just drove it on Sat with no issue.

Quick trip to the store and new battery in place and started right up and only a little late to work, but now CEL is on and cameras don't work... will let it set and see if it figures itself out...
so I just recently had the dead battery on mine 10 month old less than 9000 miles. They ended up having to replace the alternator along with the battery. Mine was dead 3 days in a row.

jadmt

Reaction score
A full 35” tire (35”x12.5” or 315/70R17) will fit down there... barely. Many of us Power Wagon guys have done it. I found I needed to deflate the spare, give the heat shield a couple whacks with a hammer, and then still had to fight it in there. Then reinflate once it’s in place, doesn’t need to be deflated to drop it since it has gravity(still a bit of a fight though)
if he has 18" wheels a 285/75-18 is actually bigger in diameter than most 35's. I wished the PW had 18's so I could run that size. I know I could change but I am already running AEV wheels so hate to change again.

Gondul

Prince of Pintops
Reaction score
so I just recently had the dead battery on mine 10 month old less than 9000 miles. They ended up having to replace the alternator along with the battery. Mine was dead 3 days in a row.
Ooof... I didn't even bother with the dealer, I just ran up the road and bought a new battery.

jadmt

Reaction score
Ooof... I didn't even bother with the dealer, I just ran up the road and bought a new battery.
If you are under 3 years old and 36000 miles they will replace it. Heck if you still have the old battery I would bring it in and at least get a new battery.

angrymatt

Reaction score
Installed some cheap ebay door sill protectors then finally got to go pick up a grapple that ive waited almost 5 months exactly for.
4B347B62-45AD-498A-BC92-AF14C71E6268.jpeg

Attachments

• B5542537-77B7-4D6C-AFE1-0CEC9473C168.jpeg
    B5542537-77B7-4D6C-AFE1-0CEC9473C168.jpeg
    823.5 KB · Views: 129
  • BC58D25A-941E-4180-8E35-41285ADF13F3.jpeg
    BC58D25A-941E-4180-8E35-41285ADF13F3.jpeg
    996.4 KB · Views: 169
  • 85D3B2A3-B5B2-401E-9B53-CAC1B9D78C2A.jpeg
    85D3B2A3-B5B2-401E-9B53-CAC1B9D78C2A.jpeg
    720.9 KB · Views: 164

DeepH20Driller

Reaction score
Installed some cheap ebay door sill protectors then finally got to go pick up a grapple that ive waited almost 5 months exactly for.
View attachment 20946

Was the install pretty straight forward? I’ve had the same set sitting in my shop for a couple months. I actually have 2 sets. The first set got lost in mail, the seller did me a solid and sent another set free. The lost set came 3 weeks later. So, if someone would like a set, PM me your mailing address.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

angrymatt

Reaction score
Was the install pretty straight forward? I’ve had the same set sitting in my shop for a couple months. I actually have 2 sets. The first set got lost in mail, the seller did me a solid and sent another set free. The lost set came 3 weeks later. So, if someone would like a set, PM me your mailing address.

Its pretty straight forward as long as you use the water and dish soap method to place them. The material is actually super stiff. My only advice is start at the top and smooth down. The vinyl is so stiff that once its dry it will try to lift or bubble if you are off. For the money they seem really nice. I did not try it but i wonder if a heat gun would help mold them once you get them the way you want. Start with a rear door. Its really stiff so you can get a feel for it.

CGarrett

Reaction score
What brackets do you have for the bumper light? It looks amazing
I'm running an aftermarket bumper that came with all the mounting parts. For a stock bumper I'm not sure what company most people are using.

Attachments

• 20210628_200647.jpg
    20210628_200647.jpg
    695.5 KB · Views: 98

DeepH20Driller

Reaction score
Its pretty straight forward as long as you use the water and dish soap method to place them. The material is actually super stiff. My only advice is start at the top and smooth down. The vinyl is so stiff that once its dry it will try to lift or bubble if you are off. For the money they seem really nice. I did not try it but i wonder if a heat gun would help mold them once you get them the way you want. Start with a rear door. Its really stiff so you can get a feel for it.

Thanks for the advice! I may try the heat Gun. I did, however, remove the decals from the box and laid them out flat. Set some heavy bits on end to keep them from rolling up. Hope that helps a little. Maybe should keep the spare set in case I screw it up, haha. I had ordered some pre-cut lens tint to install on marker and third brake, on a 1500 I had. I figured it would be easy-peasy! I FOUGHT those darn things and ended up giving up and tossed them, haha. I didn’t have the patience that day.

angrymatt

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice! I may try the heat Gun. I did, however, remove the decals from the box and laid them out flat. Set some heavy bits on end to keep them from rolling up. Hope that helps a little. Maybe should keep the spare set in case I screw it up, haha. I had ordered some pre-cut lens tint to install on marker and third brake, on a 1500 I had. I figured it would be easy-peasy! I FOUGHT those darn things and ended up giving up and tossed them, haha. I didn’t have the patience that day.

I did them straight out of the roll. They soften up some when removed from backing. The soapy water lets you move em around but it is a pain to get all the water out cause its all curved. Plan on swearing a bit. A spare set is not a bad idea if you have my patience level. Good luck!

naplesbill

Reaction score
I did them straight out of the roll. They soften up some when removed from backing. The soapy water lets you move em around but it is a pain to get all the water out cause its all curved. Plan on swearing a bit. A spare set is not a bad idea if you have my patience level. Good luck!

Use a soap, water and alcohol mixture. The water and soap will dry faster with the alcohol. You should be able to google that. It is a method of installing decals.

Brewbud

Brewmeister Meisterbrew
Reaction score
Use a soap, water and alcohol mixture. The water and soap will dry faster with the alcohol. You should be able to google that. It is a method of installing decals.

Well dang! I used soap, water, and alcohol the last time I did decals. The alcohol was in me. Maybe that is where I messed up!

Users who are viewing this thread