Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do TO your RAM today?

Resilient

Reaction score
Just returned from picking up the truck. I had to call the dealer and ask about my trucks status. I was not notified that my truck was ready. “Sign here. Here is your key. Your truck is out back” No gratuities we’re warranted. No smiles or greetings = no donuts.
Recalls: 13A, Y43 and ZA3 complete.
Two other checks were also completed.
1. Multipoint vehicle inspection.
2. TPS inspect tires adjust to factory specs.
The tire pressure screen was displayed on my dash when I started the truck. Tires were showing 65 and 66 psi. I just set them at Costco to 60 psi on all four on Tuesday. I will check them tomorrow morning and adjust back down to 60psi if necessary.

Grateful Dad

Reaction score
Finally Installed my KaodTech SGW bypass and with the VLinker MC+ that arrived today I adjusted TPMS and activated Bambi mode (fogs w/high beams) via Jacan. SUPER EASY process……….

Last edited:

ShowKiller1

Reaction score
Today i took my Ram to the repair shop. At 4am someone decided to pop my tailgate open to steal my tail lights and my bag of recovery gear. Didnt even take the time to unplug them. Bastards cut the damn harness on both sides.

I f-ing hate thieves !!
1000003917.jpg1000003918.jpg
1000003916.jpg

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score

JustMeAndMy3500

Reaction score
Yes, it is. They somehow were able to open the tailgate without unlocking the truck. The doors were still locked.
When you replace the taillights, take a drill bit and alter the head of the machine screws. (or hit the hardware store and get security head machine screws) Yes it'll suck when YOU have to do something with them but you have the time and talent to do that. Also, does the tailgate actually lock? I've had an instance where I assumed that the tailgate was locked because the doors were locked, walked passed the tailgate headed up the driveway and just grabbed the tailgate release for no apparent reason and it released. Now I always double-pump to fob and never had a problem since. Not saying that "fixed' anything but I'm now aware.

Lonestar

Reaction score

Gear box

Reaction score
Today i took my Ram to the repair shop. At 4am someone decided to pop my tailgate open to steal my tail lights and my bag of recovery gear. Didnt even take the time to unplug them. Bastards cut the damn harness on both sides.

I f-ing hate thieves !!
View attachment 72721View attachment 72722
View attachment 72720
SEMPER FI ! Why

I f-ing hate thieves !!
View attachment 72721View attachment 72722
View attachment 72720
SEMPER FI!
Makes me think M18A1s
Hope the repair goes well.

CdnHO

Reaction score

johanh13

Reaction score

ShowKiller1

Reaction score
Does the tailgate still operate remotely? I believe one can access the harness from underneath and by applying 12V to the right pins, open the gate.

I believe thats what they did. The power wires for the tailgate must be in the same harness as the tail lights. I shut the tailgate and now it wont open. Its not getting any power. When i unlock the truck the light on the tailgate doesnt even light up.

Gear box

Reaction score

Attachments

• 1A68227F-C731-4ECB-AC7C-878B694CC98E.jpeg
    1A68227F-C731-4ECB-AC7C-878B694CC98E.jpeg
    527.5 KB · Views: 38

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
I believe thats what they did. The power wires for the tailgate must be in the same harness as the tail lights. I shut the tailgate and now it wont open. Its not getting any power. When i unlock the truck the light on the tailgate doesnt even light up.

"4-way connector by the spare tire" 12V and gnd to 2 of the terminals and the tailgate is open.

Users who are viewing this thread