Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do TO your RAM today?

jadmt

Reaction score
I was about to say “if you think the 80s were great(they were) being a 70s kid was even better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I was going to say the 60's and 70's but by the time the mid to late 70's rolled around i was working hard at a freaking paper mill.

Lary0071

Reaction score
I agree. I'd love to put on on the other side as well. Not sure if that's a possibility, however.
Aftermarket from Amp.... but it's no where near as cleanly designed since it's a generic rectangle step with different mounting to adapt to the various vehicles. To me it's fugly, but if you really want one on the passenger side it's your only option.

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

Lary0071

Reaction score
No need to get excited over an opinion. My point was and it's that the OEM tucks away to the point that if you don't know exactly what to look for, you don't know it's there. The Amp may have been first, but it wrecks the clean lines of the vehicle because no matter what brand of vehicle you have, it's an unsightly, ill-fitting aftermarket part.

I do agree that it's larger, and had they designed it to tuck away and out of sight while not being deployed, I could dig it. But I ordered, installed, removed and returned one because to me it looks hideous on my beautiful truck.

It's okay though, we can disagree on that. You love it and dislike the Mopar, I'm the polar opposite. Good to go.

gimmie11s

Reaction score
Amp/Lund manufactures the Mopar step.... so... there's that i suppose.

steveb

Reaction score
Bought it and put steps on it.
99f5930d806ae56cb8d5ad4c83df5302.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What side steps did you install?

Last edited:

b307a1

Reaction score
No need to get excited over an opinion. My point was and it's that the OEM tucks away to the point that if you don't know exactly what to look for, you don't know it's there. The Amp may have been first, but it wrecks the clean lines of the vehicle because no matter what brand of vehicle you have, it's an unsightly, ill-fitting aftermarket part.

I do agree that it's larger, and had they designed it to tuck away and out of sight while not being deployed, I could dig it. But I ordered, installed, removed and returned one because to me it looks hideous on my beautiful truck.

It's okay though, we can disagree on that. You love it and dislike the Mopar, I'm the polar opposite. Good to go.

Excited? Not sure how you arrived at that. I, like you just expressed an opinion.

angrymatt

Reaction score
This is one of my favorite accessories on my truck. It seems so simple but this is by far the most useful thing that's been added.
I think it will be the most used besides my running boards. Kind of wish they made a matching one for the other side.

werard

Reaction score
Aftermarket from Amp.... but it's no where near as cleanly designed since it's a generic rectangle step with different mounting to adapt to the various vehicles. To me it's fugly, but if you really want one on the passenger side it's your only option.

This is why I got a factory step. It just tucks up there so well and is unobtrusive. However for a side bedstep I will be going AMP.

Brewbud

Brewmeister Meisterbrew
Reaction score
Amp/Lund manufactures the Mopar step.... so... there's that i suppose.

I was told by Lund they did not make the factory side steps. I didn't ask about the bed step. I also thought it was ugly.

Crusty old shellback

Reaction score
Lund bought AMP.
But AMP still runs as it's own company.
Like Anhiser Bush owns bud, michelob and even Ballast Point.

I love the Factory bed step. Tucks in nicer than the AMP.
But I love my AMP power steps as they tuck in better than the factory power steps.
I have AMP steps on my PW, F250 and Silverado.
They tuck up and hide on the PW and F250. But not on the Silverado.

Brewbud

Brewmeister Meisterbrew
Reaction score
Lund bought AMP.
But AMP still runs as it's own company.
Like Anhiser Bush owns bud, michelob and even Ballast Point.

I love the Factory bed step. Tucks in nicer than the AMP.
But I love my AMP power steps as they tuck in better than the factory power steps.
I have AMP steps on my PW, F250 and Silverado.
They tuck up and hide on the PW and F250. But not on the Silverado.
Actually, Ballast Point is not owned by AB InBev, the parent company of Anheuser Bush. They are owned by Kings and Convicts who bought them from Constellation Brands. Constellation bought Ballast Point for 1.2 Billion and lost their butt a few years later when they sold to Kings and Convicts for less than a (rumoured) 100 Million.

Crusty old shellback

Reaction score
Ballast point only did it to get the distribution. They actually bought the brewing part back, but left the distribution to the parent company. They did this as the master brewer wanted to start distilling spirits.he still does that and they have a separate line for that.
So they brew and distill, but let the big guys distribute it for them.
Sad part is, a buddy of mine started that brewery. Sold it as his girlfriend didnt like the bar company. Next owners took what he built/designed and moved it up from there.

Users who are viewing this thread