Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What's the most annoying thing about your truck?

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
@Jimmy07 any feedback on this, if the presence lights are disabled via AlfaODB, are they turned on via another sequence or can they be turned on by adding a switch?
Signature lights can only be enabled or disabled with AlfaOBD. There is no option to configure them so a user setting shows up for them.
You can put them on an aux switch by putting a relay in line with the signature lamp circuit on each headlight.
EFF2296C-B7AA-4D55-8F3E-32CE698F3087.jpeg

QuattroCS

Reaction score
Signature lights can only be enabled or disabled with AlfaOBD. There is no option to configure them so a user setting shows up for them.
You can put them on an aux switch by putting a relay in line with the signature lamp circuit on each headlight.
View attachment 38416
You sir are a gentleman and a scholar. Thank you so much. I Will be reaching out to you for some harnesses and get your opinion on the whole caboodle I'm thinking about.

@TW720HVY there is the wiring diagram that can be tapped into to get the lights on as desired, vs without control on ignition

Aketay

Reaction score
The clock that cannot keep time and every time the radio does an update it resets the clock to the time zone I’m in.

bamorris2

Reaction score
Our Jeep did the same thing. I used a small bungee ball and put some side tension on the pedal to take out the rattle/slop. Jeep is a 12' about to hit 100k and bungee still their and no rattle for almost 10 years now.

That’s an intriguing idea. Where did you anchor the bungee too?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OldJeepsNewTrucks

Reaction score
Having people tell me I do not need a dually and should sell it to save the environment.
Some of those people are rich celebrities with yachts that fly all over the world and air condition their 12,000 square foot mansion while they are gone.

OldJeepsNewTrucks

Reaction score
Our Jeep did the same thing. I used a small bungee ball and put some side tension on the pedal to take out the rattle/slop. Jeep is a 12' about to hit 100k and bungee still their and no rattle for almost 10 years now.
It's a Jeep thing! My JK rides like you're breaking a horse and noisier than a gulf coast hurricane but I love her!

jeepkevin

Reaction score
That’s an intriguing idea. Where did you anchor the bungee too?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I just connected the brake pedal and gas pedal together up closer to the pivot where my feet would never touch it. The bungee just gives a little side tension to keep the movement from happening that causes the rattle. Kinda red neck idea but it did fix the issue.

Crusty old shellback

Reaction score
My AC worked just fine, till this week when I drove to Phoenix and hit 100+ degree temps. Struggles to get the interior cool. Took a while but it finally cooled it down.

jenninr

Reaction score
i have the same issue but for me its my right ear. together we are a whole ear... lol, but yes i KNOW the feeling.
That makes 2 of us here deaf in the left ear vs 1 in the right. I'm still kinda new to it from having a tumor removed back in December. Not sure I'll ever get used to it.

Basser53

Reaction score
My 12 in screen doesn't stay where I had it last and sometimes switches to fm then back to usb where I mostly use a flash stick for music.. not sure if it's something in my settings or if I have a faulty radio..

arx237

Reaction score
My 12 in screen doesn't stay where I had it last and sometimes switches to fm then back to usb where I mostly use a flash stick for music.. not sure if it's something in my settings or if I have a faulty radio..
There is a whole thread on 12" issues

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
View attachment 38416
Awesome sauce.

I'd like to put all the damn nuisance lights including the dash on an aux switch.

Users who are viewing this thread