Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 2500 4x4 tow rig / support rig

woody284

Reaction score
Very nice, setup. I like that’s it’s good functional mods and not over the top. I really wish my tradesman had the larger screen.

bigcountrypoppen

Reaction score
Rockcrawlerdude...Beautiful Rig...I'm going for a similar theme with functionality being the priority. Definitely dig that bumper, how was installation/fitment process? Here's a pic of my rig currently. Just put the steps and tonneau cover on New Years Eve.
side pic.jpgrear pic.jpg

dave41079

Reaction score
Very nicely done. Your Toyota looks almost identical to one that a friend of mine has who lives in Chicago. When I saw your avatar picture on here, I thought it was a picture of him at Black Mountain in Harlan, KY.

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score
Rockcrawlerdude...Beautiful Rig...I'm going for a similar theme with functionality being the priority. Definitely dig that bumper, how was installation/fitment process? Here's a pic of my rig currently. Just put the steps and tonneau cover on New Years Eve.
View attachment 10051View attachment 10052
Thank you, sir. Your truck is looking good already. Keeping the functionality is very important to me.

The fitment on the bumper was flawless. It went together exactly how the instructions are written. I had no problem installing the bumper on my own except lifting the center section. The attention to detail that AEV puts in their products is mind blowing.

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score
Very nicely done. Your Toyota looks almost identical to one that a friend of mine has who lives in Chicago. When I saw your avatar picture on here, I thought it was a picture of him at Black Mountain in Harlan, KY.
Sounds like a cool rig :cool:

I hope to get out to Harlan this summer. My stomping grounds are the southeast US

abillerbeck

Reaction score
Great looking truck! Which Fox shocks did you go with? How do you like them so far? Any rubbing issues with those tires?

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score
Great looking truck! Which Fox shocks did you go with? How do you like them so far? Any rubbing issues with those tires?
Thanks a lot, man.

They’re fox 2.0 IFP, nothing super fancy but they are an improvement over the factory shocks. I actually had a factory shock leaking and didn’t realize it until I did the swap.

No rubbing issues with the tires.

abillerbeck

Reaction score
Awesome, thanks for the info. A few more questions...

How do you like those Dee Zee side steps, are they pretty beefy? I've been looking for a good slider option but can't really seem to find one.

Any pictures of your trailer? Once I get my 2500 I'll be using it to get my toys (humvee and disco 2) to the trails. Trying to figure out the best option, but I'm thinking bumper pull so I can still have the bed for hauling dirt bikes and gear. Thinking something along the lines of 102"x20' with drive over fenders since both rigs are pretty wide.

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score
The Deezee steps are very beefy as far as steps go, two people can stand on them without them flexing. However they are not beefy enough to be sliders. They have a weight rating of 400lb I believe.

Mine is an 18’ car hauler, 103” total width but less width between the fenders. comes in just under 2000lb empty, 7000 gross. Enough for the Jeep or Toyota. My rigs fit between the fenders. (Hummvee probably exceeds he capacity of this trailer)

Drive over fenders or deckover would be better if you have rigs on full width or tons. That’s why my fenders are all jacked up from people running over them.

0AF71A4D-30CD-4018-A3AB-95243D62E64F.jpeg

disclaimer: I was only repositioning the trailer with the YJ... NOT pulling the trailer lol

E723A7E5-E8F3-4E1D-B52C-937411C58831.jpeg

abillerbeck

Reaction score
Great setup. Definitely looks like the YJ prefers to be on the trailer rather than in front of it. lol.

How do you like the metal deck on the trailer? That's another option I'm struggling with (metal vs wood).

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score
Great setup. Definitely looks like the YJ prefers to be on the trailer rather than in front of it. lol.

How do you like the metal deck on the trailer? That's another option I'm struggling with (metal vs wood).
Lol yea but it’s easier to move trailers around in the yard with it lol.

I have liked the steel deck. I haven’t had a wood deck, though

Users who are viewing this thread