Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019+ Frequent Regeneration Issue Tracking Sheet

OLEJOE

Reaction score
I was running into this myself on a brand new 2023 3500. I brought it to the dealer because the too frequent regen code threw an CEL with only 1500 miles. It was in regen every 100 miles or so.. They broke the air box while they were running their diag. They replaced it and ordered a new dpf, but it was on back order. They gave me back the truck while we waited for the new dpf and it no longer regens frequently. I’ve driven it about 1500 miles and it only regenerated once, and I think that was the standard 24 hour engine hour regen since the gauge was empty. Replacing the air box must have resolved my issue, or something else the tech did while doing his diag… at least for now.
This could be something as simple as an extra reenforcement rib or lack of one that is causing turbulence in the air filter housing. Glad to see one of the Star technicians checking out the live data feed to hopefully figure out exactly what the issue is. I’ve not had a single regen that wasn’t on the 24 hour mark since changing the air filter and making sure the fuel I put in the tank is B5 or less. Doesn’t matter what the fuel is towing but the gauge jumps up fast just running around empty between towing legs of our trip with the B10-15.

Did they change out just the air filter box or the ducting also that leads up to the Ram Air scoop on top of the radiator?

Users who are viewing this thread