Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 6.4 hemi tranny rear seal leak

beedle

Reaction score
Update brought to the dealer and they were notified from Chrysler about the issue I just got a email saying the new transfer case and drive shaft are in that's the fix seems a little extreme might be more going on there then just a unlubricated seal?

lgjhn

Reaction score
Update brought to the dealer and they were notified from Chrysler about the issue I just got a email saying the new transfer case and drive shaft are in that's the fix seems a little extreme might be more going on there then just a unlubricated seal?
Obviously, please keep us posted on this as it does sound somewhat extreme for just a seal leak....unless, as you say, something more is going on.
FWIW, mine stopped, and so far, it's been fine.
Thanks,
LJ

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Could have been scoring on the slip yoke on the drive shaft and the t case having metal in it?

When they do the work ask why so we know I am curious lol

beedle

Reaction score
The factory wants them to cut the drive shaft off and leave it attached so they can figure out what's going on no telling if a new one is gonna be any better if there just looking to get one intact to figure the problem out now.Wll be Watching the new seal like a hawk for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread