Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Antifreeze leak on 2020 RAM 3500 6.7 engine

Edi

Reaction score
I'm new with RAM trucks. I got an antifreeze leaking from the location in this picture.
Can someone tell me if this a Heater core leak, or this outlet goes somewhere?
Thank you in advance

1000018253.jpg1000018254.jpg

Attachments

• 1000018255.jpg
    1000018255.jpg
    378.9 KB · Views: 14

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Thank you, I can't find the antifreeze leak. I can smell it, and I have to fill the reservoir once in a while.
Engine oil is clean.
How often is once in a while? Any signs on the water pump weep hole?

flan

Reaction score
Have you seen it coming from the ac condensate drain tube pictured in the photo?

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Every 400 miles I haveto add a quarter of antifreeze, water pump isn't leaking.
Thats a significant leak you should be able to see the antifreeze or significant staining where it is leaking. If the A/C drain is leaking antifreeze like you say then the heater core needs replacing but you should have a sweet smell on the inside of the truck and when using the vents your windows would be fogging up

Edi

Reaction score
Thats a significant leak you should be able to see the antifreeze or significant staining where it is leaking. If the A/C drain is leaking antifreeze like you say then the heater core needs replacing but you should have a sweet smell on the inside of the truck and when using the vents your windows would be fogging up
It won't smell inside , but yes I see liquid coming out from the outlet showing in the picture.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
It won't smell inside , but yes I see liquid coming out from the outlet showing in the picture.
That should be just water coming out, if it does not smell inside it’s not a heater core failure. I would recommend having the coolant tested for combustion gasses you can buy the test strips.

Users who are viewing this thread