Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
Anybody know what will happen if I don’t connect the wires to the glass, will it make some codes about defrost or the blind spot junk?..would prefer to not see that yellow thing glowing while using the mirror.
You don’t even have to let everyone know how much you don’t like the yellow glowing things in the mirror. You can simply turn it off in the radio settings and be done with it:
IMG_5414.jpeg

Andersen24

Reaction score
OK so I installed my mirrors just now and drove it around the block and MAN what a HUGE improvement (Heated & BSM). As it comes to quality of the mirror. Overall I would give it an 8 out of 10. It is aftermarket, so of course it is not going to be as robust and nice as the factory mirror. It would be nice to have a wire holder for the BSM wires like the factory mirror. You NEED to be careful and watch where your wires are routed before you push the mirror back on. Both sets of wires wanted to go in between the adapter ring and the mirror. Those are the only reason I would give it an 8 out of 10. For installing, follow what @_Steve posted, those instructions are SPOT on, so thank you for that sir! These are the mirrors that should have come out from the factory. If you are on the fence about buying a pair, I would do it in a heartbeat!IMG_6020.jpegIMG_6021.jpeg

Poolmonkey

Reaction score
Did the passenger only and it is great. Can see waaaay more in it than before with both mirrors, the flat POC and the distorted mal placed bubble. Would have been sweeter if this glass replaced both and filled the mirror housing completely imo, that bubble is even more useless now.
Pressing the adapter ring wasn’t going to click it into place though, slugged it and it snapped in.
Thanks @_Steve, wouldn’t have tried it without your post.

BTW, asked her if she would turn that yellow arrow off or should I leave it disconnected.
She said neither and that she uses it while I am driving.

Last edited:

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
It's still odd to me that so many have wonky glass.

Both my mirrors are the same visually. This is from the driver seat. I'm sure if I took a pic from the passenger seat it would be the same thing (reversed), or from the same position outside, they are the same.

The FOV of the passenger side mirror is smaller because its farther away from the driver.

1697420572825.png 1697420616958.png

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score

Both my mirrors are the same visually. This is from the driver seat. I'm sure if I took a pic from the passenger seat it would be the same thing (reversed), or from the same position outside, they are the same.

The FOV of the passenger side mirror is smaller because its farther away from the driver.

View attachment 63851 View attachment 63852
Mine is the same there is no issues with it for driveability

joshuaeb09

Reaction score

View attachment 63851 View attachment 63852

Honestly they fixed the issue with the '23 plus trucks. My issue was never with the mirrors themselves, but the folding vs every other manufacturer having a proper mirror orientation for flat upper/main glass with telescoping mirrors. I'm probably going to put my flat glass back in and just tow my ghost trailer when unloaded since the suma glass kinda sucks when you have a longer trailer behind you. Maybe I'll just suck it up and get BSM tails so I can fix my rona builds lack of BSM (my OE glass/mirrors have the provisions I just got shafted on the tails). Hopefully at some future point someone will have '23 style mirror retrofit options that work well and allow retention of the factory options on 19-22 trucks. On past rams I always fixed this with GM style mirrors (say what you will for the aesthetics, the telescoping configuration is just better), but there aren't any options currently that retain the side cameras AFAIK. Every time I've hopped into a ford or gm HD truck I have immediate mirror envy.

brv10

has the scoop
Reaction score
The doors on the 23's have more reinforcement due to the new mirrors being heavier.

Poolmonkey

Reaction score
The replacement passenger was way better than stock in the deer mountains and pulling the lil’ TT this week, so nice.
Lost one of those goofy trim pieces behind the rear wheel though, nosed the front bumper into a berm very hard..no damage surprisingly.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Wonder if I could modify these to fit a fourth gen.
I have them on my 2015 RAM 3500 and they fit fine. Just had to reroute the wires for the heating element, as they were in the opposite corner. Other than that, they fit perfectly in the 4th Gen mirrors and the heating works after rerounting the wires.

Best update ever, I hat the flat glass mirrors, so much more view with these!

Thanks SUMA for coming out with these!

Reaction score
Wonder if I could modify these to fit a fourth gen.
They fit a 4th Gen, you just need to rerout the heated mirror wires, other than that, plug and play. Run them on my 2015 3500.

Also have to mentione again after about 6 months on my 4th gen for driver and passenger, I always hated flat glass mirrors, after running th SUMA ones for 6 months now, I would never go back. It is so much safer with the larger field of view, normal driving or towing a trailer. almost makes the spotter mirror useless.

Huge thanks from me to SUMA as well for brining these to the market and improving this by a long shot!

There is a reason why ALL cars in the EU have convex mirrors on both side from the factory!

Ridered67

Reaction score
Sumas site says these are sold out.....dang. I hate my factory mirrors

Ridered67

Reaction score
They have the defroster with BSM. My truck does not have BSM but I payed the extra $20 because I am so sick of the stock passenger side mirror.
I dont have bsm either....they still fit ok?

Users who are viewing this thread