Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crusty's 75th Annv PW #1590 build/mods adventure

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Lots of work, but I still love snow days most of the time.

When I can't break free from work to get 'er done before the sun starts melting it, that sucks a little.

You retired guys suck. LOL

Crusty old shellback

Reaction score
So I decided I'm going to just mount some lights to the bumper. But I've been having a hard time finding some that will fit. Until now. Picked up a pair of the new Harbor Freight Roadshock 6 LED spot/flood lights. Can mount them to the bumper with clearance behind so they don't rub on the grill. Not sure if I'm going to use nutcerts or thru bolt with nuts on the back side of the bumper. But that will require removing the bumper.
Seen some good reviews on YouTube about them.
1000009761.jpg1000009762.jpg1000009763.jpg1000009765.jpg

dieselscout80

Reaction score
The one thing I worry about with a light mounted there is if the light gets folded back due to hitting something (snow drift ect) it smashes the grille.

Those lights look nice!

Crusty old shellback

Reaction score
There is enough room behind it that it will not hit, unless it bends the bracket or rips it out of the bumper. But the bracket is heavy duty.
Maybe I'll put a reinforcement bar on the underside of the bumper.

Users who are viewing this thread