Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Left turn signal activates high beams. 2023 2500

Bb23EP

Reaction score
Yes, exact same issue on a 2023 ram 2500 Cummins 2500 miles on it dealer ordered a new turn signal stock but it won’t be here for a month. Not sure if that’s even the problem I’m hoping so.

Same appeared for me this weekend, after experiencing just the HB activation.

Some days left signal activates HBs,some days flash to pass activates the left signal bump, some days it behaves

dmhines

Reaction score
Seems like the factory got a bad batch of them. It is annoying for sure. Maybe I should bring it in to dealer and have them order one. Then when it comes in I’ll get my oil changed too.

jerad

Reaction score
Just started this same issue on my 2023 as well.

jerad

Reaction score
I did recently turn on my daytime running lights option when traveling. I'm not sure if that causes something to happen or not. I turned my daytime running lights option to off but the high beams are still coming on with the left turn signal. Right turn signal is normal. I'll be taking it to the dealer, hopefully they'll be able to fix it. This is a safety issue at night, can't be blinding people when turning left.

jerad

Reaction score
Ok, so maybe it takes a little bit after turning off the daytime running lights? It is no longer turning on the high beams when I use the signal.

I already made an appointment to bring the truck in. The individual I spoke to when making the appointment said that issue sounds odd and have never seen anything like that. Now I'm thinking I should turn the daytime running lights option back on to see if it continues. I don't want them coming back and saying they can't duplicate the issue.

I am having them address one other little issue while its there though. My left side directional pad on my steering wheel sticks when I arrow to the right through the menus. Annoying, but stupid to be acting up when it's so new.

I'll report back on any new developments. :cool:

dmhines

Reaction score
Since the issue is sporadic I took a video of the issue. You should also take a video to show service rep. Mine has been working normally the last few days. Very peculiar. I also have DRL enabled.

jerad

Reaction score
Since the issue is sporadic I took a video of the issue. You should also take a video to show service rep. Mine has been working normally the last few days. Very peculiar. I also have DRL enabled.
Thats a great idea!

Such an odd issue, not even sure how DRL would impact that either. Likely a coincidence it stopped after disabling the DRL.

CMan

Reaction score
Glad I found this thread, I am having the same issue (2023 Ram 2500 Bighorn). Didnt notice it for the first several hundred miles but since I noticed it is consitent. Activating the left turn signal turns on the high beams and conversely activating the temporary high beams turns the left turn signal on. I haven't tried disabling the DRL but switching on the left signal feels and sounds slightly different than the right signal, but maybe that's just my imagination.

jerad

Reaction score
Well, cancelled my appointment as it stopped doing it.

Guess I'll wait for it to show up again.

becxlt

Reaction score
Same issue here on my 2500!

Had my truck scanned by a diesel performance center. threw these two code's
B23A1-2A FLASH TO PASS/OPTICAL HORN SWITCH -STUCK
B17E3-92 MANUFACTURE DEFINED

They believe it's a faulty control module in the steering column behind the steering wheel.
Making an appointment with a selling dealer.

Hope this helps someone out!

jerad

Reaction score
Same issue here on my 2500!

Had my truck scanned by a diesel performance center. threw these two code's
B23A1-2A FLASH TO PASS/OPTICAL HORN SWITCH -STUCK
B17E3-92 MANUFACTURE DEFINED

They believe it's a faulty control module in the steering column behind the steering wheel.
Making an appointment with a selling dealer.

Hope this helps someone out!

Thank you! I'll keep this handy when mine starts acting up again in addition to getting a video.

dmhines

Reaction score
Been over 2 weeks and about 2000 miles since mine has exhibited the issue .. did it self repair? lol .. not sure.

pjcodner

Reaction score
Same for me it started about 2 weeks ago. I did some testing to determine if it was something that I changed and from what I can tell enabling DRL or not doesn't affect it. What mine is doing is left turn signal turns on the high beams, if I pull back on the turn signal to flash the high beams the left turn signal comes on. If I push the turn signal forward to engage auto high beams the turn signal functions as it should.
I have it scheduled to go in on the 21st for diagnosis and hopefully they have a replacement turn signal stalk in parts.

Roy.Poag

Reaction score
Started having this issue today. Another forum reporting it also by some new 2023 owners.

2 symptoms.

Left turn signal sometimes activates high beam. Pushing lever forward disables high beam and when blinker goes off high beam comes on again until lever pulled back.

Flash to pass activates lane change on left signal so left signal flashes 3 times after high beam flash to pass.

It does not always happen and just started today.

Anyone else seeing this issue on 2023’s?
New 2023 2500 Big Horn 6.7 Cummims, 400 miles. Just noticed it today. My HB come on when the left turn signal is activated. And it doesn't matter if the lights are on/off/auto or whether the engine is running or not.

Time to go see the dealer.

dmhines

Reaction score
Been about 4 weeks for me without having the issue .. I guess the switch finally "loosened up" and is no longer sticking ...

Roy.Poag

Reaction score
I took mine to the dealer yesterday. Of course it was working perfectly, but I showed them my video and they scratched their heads and ordered a steering control module. Says it will be about a week. We'll see what happens.

BTW, mine is still malfunctioning sporadically.

becxlt

Reaction score
I took mine to the dealer yesterday. Of course it was working perfectly, but I showed them my video and they scratched their heads and ordered a steering control module. Says it will be about a week. We'll see what happens.

BTW, mine is still malfunctioning sporadically.
Same here no rhyme or reason for it. I'm able to wiggle the multi-function lever and make it work correctly for a while ...

Dewrfng

Reaction score
Has anyone found a solution to this issue. I am also having the left turn signal activating high beams on my 2023 Ram 3500 Laramie. My running lights will not work also. Show on the dash that the running lights are on but not working.

Roy.Poag

Reaction score
My dealer is replacing the steering control module on Tuesday next week. I'll post the results when it's done

Users who are viewing this thread