Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Left turn signal activates high beams. 2023 2500

Ostracize

Reaction score
If anyone else is still experiencing the issue, I suggest spraying some bw100 or whatever contact cleaner you'd prefer at the base of the stalk while moving it up/down & fwd/aft. It won't hurt anything and will maybe indicate if it is being cause by some debris bridging the contacts. (probably will have to remove the plastic top and bottom column halves)

pjcodner

Reaction score
Took mine in today and they are ordering the parts but unfortunately they are on back order. So the wait begins..... :(

RayJD50

Reaction score
Same issue here with my 2023 Tradesman 3500, I was hoping to find a quick fix here but I guess I am off to the dealer.

Spencer

Reaction score
Count me in on this same issue noted above as other members describing this problem, with my 23' 2500 Big Horn. So, with just a little over 5k since purchasing back in Feb. I'll be scheduling an appt too.

23 CTD ED

Reaction score
Mine is a little different. When I turn on my right signal and complete my turn and clicks off, it must have enough momentum to activate the left signal to give the 3 blinks and goes off. Took it to the dealer at 5011 miles when I my transfer case was leaking, I had them look at it. Took 3 weeks, they supposedly ordered a new stalk/switch and the issue was gone. Now at 7000+ miles the issue came back. UGH! Not worth going back, I'll live with it.

usernamechecksout

Reaction score
Mine is a little different. When I turn on my right signal and complete my turn and clicks off, it must have enough momentum to activate the left signal to give the 3 blinks and goes off. Took it to the dealer at 5011 miles when I my transfer case was leaking, I had them look at it. Took 3 weeks, they supposedly ordered a new stalk/switch and the issue was gone. Now at 7000+ miles the issue came back. UGH! Not worth going back, I'll live with it.
Mine does the exact same thing! Hoping to find a fix.

Dvredc5

Reaction score
I just thought I would throw this information in reading this turn signal issue. I have a 22 Ram Mega Cab 2500 diesel with no issue (yet) but was talking to the salesman I purchased my truck from about a 2023 they have on the lot and he advised I needed to make up my mind soon because there was going to be a "stop sale" order issued soon on all HD Ram's because of this turn signal issue. Dealers won't be allowed to sell them until a fix is either established or parts are made available. Sure seems to validate everyone's concerns over the issue and that there indeed is a problem. Hope they come up with a permanent fix sooner than later.

usernamechecksout

Reaction score
I just thought I would throw this information in reading this turn signal issue. I have a 22 Ram Mega Cab 2500 diesel with no issue (yet) but was talking to the salesman I purchased my truck from about a 2023 they have on the lot and he advised I needed to make up my mind soon because there was going to be a "stop sale" order issued soon on all HD Ram's because of this turn signal issue. Dealers won't be allowed to sell them until a fix is either established or parts are made available. Sure seems to validate everyone's concerns over the issue and that there indeed is a problem. Hope they come up with a permanent fix sooner than later.
Im hesistant to believe what a salesman says without other evidence. a couple of posts recently have mentioned a "stop sale" but for different reasons. Makes me wonder if the sales team is using the term as a motivator to move vehicle off the sales floor.

usernamechecksout

Reaction score
Discovered you can disable the 3 blinks with alfaobd. Its under "onetouch lane change" change that from yes to no. Now the "momentum" still activates the left turn signal but only for a brief moment (like less than a half a second). Much better than activating the 3 blinks that confuses everyone around you.

Enve46

Reaction score
Im hesistant to believe what a salesman says without other evidence. a couple of posts recently have mentioned a "stop sale" but for different reasons. Makes me wonder if the sales team is using the term as a motivator to move vehicle off the sales floor.
Heard that from 3 salesman when shopping for my 23 PW, so while I typically agree on believing salesman, when 3 coordinate from different dealers and even different regions, I would lean towards this is coming. I have not noticed with my 23 PW but I may go check during lunch.

Pilotib

Reaction score
The stop sale is here. I cannot buy the truck I would like to at the moment. And the dealer claims that they do not know what the fix is, nor how soon it will be deployed. So I am stuck here waiting. It seems that most all of the ‘23s have disappeared from dealer websites over the last 24 hours. The trucks are still there, (with great rebates) but people are unable to take advantage of the sale price.

fz1pate

Reaction score
Having the same intermittent issue with my 2023 PW. Dealer ordered a replacement control module, but was backordered since late October. Scheduled to have the new module installed next week.

jerad

Reaction score
Having the same intermittent issue with my 2023 PW. Dealer ordered a replacement control module, but was backordered since late October. Scheduled to have the new module installed next week.
Yup, my part just came in as well. Have to wait until after the holidays to get it in due to my schedule.

usernamechecksout

Reaction score
If you have alfaobd, you can disable the one touch lane change. It will stop turning on the left signal (well at least it won't blink the 3 blinks)

Jettman

Reaction score
Mine has been doing it since new. Dealer tech finally observed it happening in their parking lot last Wednesday. Took it in for the recall on Friday. They said it passed the recall tests so SCCM didn't need replacement!!!

Users who are viewing this thread