Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Missing Blind Spot Monitoring

JDison

Reaction score
These are the instructions that came with mine. It's been a while since I bought so it possible wire colors and or labels might have changed. Also note connects are different for HD's and 1500's.

1649432269770.jpeg1649432350548.jpeg1649432404957.jpeg

sBashaw

Reaction score
OK, everything is done , it accepted the five changes listed in this form, nothing has happened yet?

sBashaw

Reaction score
My bad , took it for a drive and everything works as designed. Big shout out to jimmy07 for cables and direction, blbrown and n00ber for support, pictures and quick replies. There are a few others that pitched in to help , so thanks to everyone. I was more worried about the program changes, and that was not too bad. Just took a little time to figure out the Alpha OBD software. I would like to save the config. haven't figured that part out yet. :)

blbrown

Reaction score
My bad , took it for a drive and everything works as designed. Big shout out to jimmy07 for cables and direction, blbrown and n00ber for support, pictures and quick replies. There are a few others that pitched in to help , so thanks to everyone. I was more worried about the program changes, and that was not too bad. Just took a little time to figure out the Alpha OBD software. I would like to save the config. haven't figured that part out yet. :)
Unless I'm wrong I believe you click on the car with hood up after selecting your vehicle and body computer at Active Diagnostics, Select procedure to start, scroll down to the bottom and select Backup vehicle configuration to file.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220408-153228_AlfaOBD.jpg
    Screenshot_20220408-153228_AlfaOBD.jpg
    168.9 KB · Views: 25
  • Screenshot_20220408-153214_AlfaOBD.jpg
    Screenshot_20220408-153214_AlfaOBD.jpg
    310.2 KB · Views: 23

n00ber

Reaction score
Another question, I do have a windows laptop, would it still be wise to pick up a cheap android tablet for the AlphaOBD? I have read that the Windows app is not as user friendly.
I have used the windows app, only complaint I have is that the clickable search results box is off by quite a few pixels (click one result and it's actually the one above/below what you actually want) outside of that I have no complaints about it.
But I haven't tried the app either.

sBashaw

Reaction score
I ended up buying an Android tablet and it worked fine. I didn't want to mess with the program and screw something up. I found the " backup vehicle config" like you said, but haven't tried it yet. Thanks again. I did see that there are other settings linked to the BSM. Are these not needed for our trucks ? Maybe Jimmy07 can answer.

blbrown

Reaction score
I ended up buying an Android tablet and it worked fine. I didn't want to mess with the program and screw something up. I found the " backup vehicle config" like you said, but haven't tried it yet. Thanks again. I did see that there are other settings linked to the BSM. Are these not needed for our trucks ? Maybe Jimmy07 can answer.
I think my favorite upgrade was adding rain sensing wipers, pretty simple if you already have dual heat control, which means you already have a humidity sensor. You just need to change the sensor out with one that also has rain sensing and make the changes in AlfaOBD.

carlo71

Reaction score
Thanks to this forum i was able to get the necessary parts and tips to get this completed on my new 2022 Laramie 2500. I now have a set of factory LED taillights i am gonna list to sell :)

carlo71

Reaction score
One thing, What is a going rate for pair of factory LED taillights with the harnesses 2022 is what they came off of, NON night edition. Id like to sell them as a pair on here ,but im not positive on the pricing... thanks again guys!!

Atteberryrc

Reaction score
The BSM sensors are installed in the tail lights when equipped. There are two variations of the led tail lights- those equipped with BSM sensors, and those not equipped with BSM sensors. When you get a level A or B package as opposed to a level 1 or 2 package, that just means the BSM feature is deleted due to the chip shortage (ie, saving the feature for only certain higher trim levels), and the truck will come with led tail lights that do not have the sensors. The chips in question are used to build the BSM sensors. As far as I know, you can still buy the actual sensors (or tail lights with the sensors) from any mopar parts supplier, albeit at a higher cost than they were a year ago. Then you can just add the feature to the truck yourself.

Can I buy the tail lights with sensor for a 2022 Ram 2500?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
Can I buy the tail lights with sensor for a 2022 Ram 2500?

Yes, that’s what most end up doing, as opposed to adding the sensors to the existing LED tails.

Atteberryrc

Reaction score
Thanks to this forum i was able to get the necessary parts and tips to get this completed on my new 2022 Laramie 2500. I now have a set of factory LED taillights i am gonna list to sell :)

I have a 2022 Laramie 2500. Did you use the above steps. This seems a lot more involved than I want to get. I don’t want to break my brand new truck!

Atteberryrc

Reaction score
Yes, that’s what most end up doing, as opposed to adding the sensors to the existing LED tails.

Do you know the part number? Thanks for the help I’m flying blind here. Is the software upgrade complicated given I have zero experience.

Atteberryrc

Reaction score
I’m revisiting this as I did another trip with my trailer and it’s just not safe without BSM. I’m going to go ahead and just replace the entire tail light assembly with the BSM built into them. I have the night package and it’s a 2021 2500 Laramie. To confirm the part numbers for the full assembly tail lights are-
68446841AE
68446840AE
Where is the best place to get these and does anybody know if they’re actually available? $495.90 each on Moparpart.com

Tail Light Jumpers- $39.72 each Moparpart.com
(2) of 68396013AB

CAN BUS and Mirror Jumpers (2) source them from Jimmy07

Mirrors- $63.05 each on Moparpart.com
Right- 68401394AA
Left- 68401395AA

I’m not clear on is the software adjustment part of this. I do have a EZ Link Auto Agent 2.0 with a OBD2 bypass cable. Will this work? And what do I actually have to reprogram?

How difficult is it to remove the mirrors and the wiring associated with that? I haven’t seen a play by play of anyone doing this BSM project and my skills are less than ideal for disassembling a brand new truck. Any answers and pointers are appreciated!

Thanks.

Can I avoid the retro fit with the CAN BUS and Mirror jumper if I replace the whole mirror housing and not just the mirror glass?

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
Do you know the part number? Thanks for the help I’m flying blind here. Is the software upgrade complicated given I have zero experience.

Red passenger side tail light- 68446838AE
Red driver side tail light- 68446839AE
Black passenger side tail light- 68446840AE
Black driver side tail light- 68446841AE

AlfaOBD is not hard to use. Read through the following threads:
Can I avoid the retro fit with the CAN BUS and Mirror jumper if I replace the whole mirror housing and not just the mirror glass?

There is no way to avoid adding the CANBUS wiring harness because that is a critical missing portion of wiring out of one of the truck’s main wiring harnesses.

If you replace the entire mirror assemblies for mirror assemblies that have the correct glass, you will not need the mirror glass jumpers.

BUT, since you have a 22 Laramie, you *might* already have the correct glass with indicators (you just can’t clearly see the indicator triangle in the glass). Either shine a light at different angles to see if you can notice the BSM indicator in the corner of the glass, or adjust your main mirror and convex mirror in such a way that you can see behind the glass, and look to see if there is a wire connector where the BSM indicator is supposed to be.

vzar47a

Reaction score
Do not enable the Doors setting for BSM mirrors, and it should work with chime only.
Does this mean I can add BSM by swapping just the tail lights, and not mess with the mirrors? I'm a little leery of disassembling the door panel, and I'm ok with only relying on the chime to tell me something is in the bindspot. If I have the option to install it without mirrors, I can always decide later if I want to swap out the mirrors.

brv10

has the scoop
Reaction score
Does this mean I can add BSM by swapping just the tail lights, and not mess with the mirrors? I'm a little leery of disassembling the door panel, and I'm ok with only relying on the chime to tell me something is in the bindspot. If I have the option to install it without mirrors, I can always decide later if I want to swap out the mirrors.
You need the rear jumper harnesses also.

Users who are viewing this thread