Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mud Flaps

Smittys2500RAM

Reaction score
That's what I'm talking about! That looks clean! How was the bolt up, any drilling needed?

el_barto

Reaction score
Ah THIS was the Mudflap thread I couldn’t find.

AEV Rear mudflaps for stock fender flares. Not sure if the fender liner on non power wagons is a bit better supported on the inside…the fender liner/Mudflap feels a bit floppy on the inside, just not well secured to the structure. You do have to remove the rear splash spats (already had them removed since I have the AEV bumper)…

I really like the (optional) reflectors, since they are low and maybe move around a bit, too catch the light of people’s headlights and maybe wake up distracted drivers. Main thing that sold me on them for sure.

IMG_6404.jpeg

phatboy64

Reaction score

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
All, Shortly after i got my truck, 3/22, i purchased the Mopar Ram molded-formed mudgaurds. i do not call them flaps because they are ridgid. Dealer checked my serial # and parts guy said they were bolt on. I got them and picked them up after arrival. It was a few months before i could install because of weather and cold temps so i just figured i would wait for spring to break. Long story short. Put the rear on first with no issues, then went to the front. Removed the wheel per instructions and noticed that the guard just didn`t look quite right. The front guards will not work with the stock running boards. Went back to the dealer, and you can guess the rest of the story. Yes, This is a dealer that the service mgr does not know what SAE stands for so you can imagine the rest of this.
[mod delete]
Take Care Everyone

We ask that all sales are conducted in the Buy/Sell/Trade forum.

If you have something for sale, please post in the BST forum and follow the rules. Thanks.

BadKarma

Reaction score
View attachment 11888View attachment 11889
Ordered the OEM set. Honestly for how cheap these are I don't understand why it wasn't a option when I built the truck. When I built ford's online there was a option for splash guards...
Anyway didn't bother to read all 8 pages but these are the oem ones...dont mind my Jack, he loves opening boxes and presents haha.
Compared to others, these are pretty thick and heavy. Msrp is $65 each set, my cost through work got both for $107 with tax...been raining past 3 days non stop, so haven't installed yet. Will later today.....if you look at the pics there accidently sent me the rears for a truck with flares, the only difference is the recessed area is wider, had I known this I would have ordered the front for flares as well.

Edit : here's the part numbers
Without flares : rear 82215931ab front : 82215930ab

With flares: rear 82215929ab front: 82215928ab
Thank you, couldn’t decide what I wanted and didn’t want anything rigid, rigid looking and don’t have any AEV parts on my truck to justify having an AEV mudflap. To me that looks weird. Just ordered a set of these. Everything else looked to long or like too much plastic.

BadKarma

Reaction score
Mopar mud flaps achieved what I wanted. Pretty quick install. Took maybe 10 minutes with rivet gun, 1/4” drill and 8mm wrench.

Attachments

• IMG_4980.jpeg
    IMG_4980.jpeg
    501.7 KB · Views: 107
  • IMG_4979.jpeg
    IMG_4979.jpeg
    411.8 KB · Views: 110

phatboy64

Reaction score
I have been going back and forth trying to figure out what mud flaps will work for me. I have a set of Husky's but they seem to come too close to my tire (1/2" between the bottom of the flap and tire at full turn sitting flat) and am afraid they may catch the tire. I will have PPF on my rockers and the bottom of the doors all the way back to the rear bumper so I will have some protection w/o mud flaps. What I am looking for is

1. I have 37X12.5X20 on +20 offset with Carli 3.25" lift so they need to clear these.
  2. Don't want any tire rub at full extension or compression through out the turning radius.
  3. Smaller profile, meaning I don't what an XL version, I will have the PPF, what I am really trying to minimize is snow/ice buildup where the folding running board meet the rocker in the front.
  4. As plug and play as possible. I may only use them during the winter
  5. Oh and look good ;)

So far I have been looking at

1. Gator Backs - look nice but they are 1/2" thick and am worried that may be an issue with the tire/wheel setup.
  2. Rok Blokz - Look nice but they have a "if you open the box no returns" policy so I cant even hold them up to my truck to see if they will work so seems like a risky option.
  3. WeatherTech - I am worried they will be the same as my Husky's.

i know there are a ton of pic's on this thread but if anyone have real time experience with any of the above on a setup like mine and they are working could you send me some pic's from inside the wheel well showing how they look from a mounting stand point and also from the other side showing how long they extend down. I only need pic's of the front.

Thanks in advanced.

EngineEar

Reaction score
I went with the RekGen Trophy sport. It’s as minimal as I could find. I don’t really like the look of mud flaps but my 35” Nitto RGs we’re gonna throw too much garbage on the rockers. I’ll post some pics in a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any installed pictures you can share?

Wanderlust073

Reaction score
i know there are a ton of pic's on this thread but if anyone have real time experience with any of the above on a setup like mine and they are working could you send me some pic's from inside the wheel well showing how they look from a mounting stand point and also from the other side showing how long they extend down. I only need pic's of the front.

Thanks in advanced.

Regular size Rok Blokz on same tires, wheels and carli kit. At full turn they do not touch but they do come close. I have not ripped in to one yet. As far as mounting, the three black fasteners are ones you pop out and re-use from the wheel well. The shiny fastener is the one hole you drill. It is trivial. Took less than 45 minutes to install all four.

IMG_0568.jpeg

IMG_0569.jpeg

IMG_0567.jpeg

IMG_0570.jpeg

IMG_0571.jpeg

Last edited:

phatboy64

Reaction score
Regular size Rok Blokz on same tires, wheels and carli kit. At full turn they do not touch but they do come close. I have not ripped in to one yet. As far as mounting, the three black fasteners are ones you pop out and re-use from the wheel well. The shiny fastener is the one hole you drill. It is trivial. Took less than 45 minutes to install all four.

View attachment 62721

View attachment 62722

View attachment 62725

View attachment 62723

View attachment 62724
Thanks! Look nice. any chance you have a pic of the front with the wheel turned showing the closest
point it gets to the flap?

LikeABoss

Reaction score
REK on the 4500. Some cheap foam 1” extensions as well to cover some of the poke…

80f7c260d6794db6122031bcd0f4ec1d.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread