Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SoCal 2021 Laramie Build

gimmie11s

Reaction score
Started the Build with some Amp Research Steps. Although I love their steps, I knew from previous experience that their lights suck. They give out a purple ish light that isnt really that bright to begin with. So when I placed my order for the steps I did some research and came across Lux Lighting Systems. I am very very pleased with the color and brightness of their lights plus they come with a strong magnet instead of the dingy ol 3M tape that tends to deteriorate.
After about 6hrs and A lot of swearing. I got them fully installed and running.

Nice truck, congrats!

Where did you find the Amp steps? I brought my truck home May 27th and they have been out of stock on 76239-01a for over a month.

SFAngus

Reaction score
Started the Build with some Amp Research Steps. Although I love their steps, I knew from previous experience that their lights suck. They give out a purple ish light that isnt really that bright to begin with. So when I placed my order for the steps I did some research and came across Lux Lighting Systems. I am very very pleased with the color and brightness of their lights plus they come with a strong magnet instead of the dingy ol 3M tape that tends to deteriorate.
After about 6hrs and A lot of swearing. I got them fully installed and running.

Those lights look great. Did you wire them in to activate with the steps, or are they wired into your aux switches?

SIKES2806

Reaction score
Those lights look great. Did you wire them in to activate with the steps, or are they wired into your aux switches?

thanks man! i wired them in to the normal 2 wire connection come from the step. So they turn on with the door opening. And turn off with the door closed.

SFAngus

Reaction score
thanks man! i wired them in to the normal 2 wire connection come from the step. So they turn on with the door opening. And turn off with the door closed.

Ahh, ok... I have the factory power steps, so I was trying to figure out how to wire them in a similar fashion, so that they come on and off with the steps. I think I might just wire them into an aux switch instead. Thanks!

SIKES2806

Reaction score
Whats Up HD Ram Owners. Heres an update of the truck. Did a few more mods over the weekend. Took me a while to get ahold of wheels and tires but they are finally here.

SIKES2806

Reaction score
So the backstory behind this madness is after only having my tires on the RAM for about 1000mi or so. I decided to run over a very large bolt on the FWY. Lucky me. (Pictures to follow) and after calling all my local tire shops, trying to get ahold of a Toyo AT lll to no avail. Kept getting the “tires are on national backorder” response. I said enough is enough and decided to go on this path.

So I ordered 3 tires, one to replace the busted non repairable one and 2 spares. (luckily I found some on the East coast) 2 weeks laters tires show up.

SIKES2806

Reaction score
Bought a bed rack from 454 Motorsports in Phoenix AZ. Cool dudes, they do some real clean work.

SIKES2806

Reaction score
So without further ado here she is.

454 Motorsports Bed Cage
Pro Eagle 3Ton Jack & Mount
VP race fuel Can
Red Speed Straps

gimmie11s

Reaction score
Nice...Is this going to be an off road prerunner or chase truck?

Trooper

Reaction score
Looking good, I didn't think to get a 5th spare for mine, may do the same but would look at a single mount on to my Decked system

@SIKES2806 side question. I noticed your concept2 rower, have you tried the skierg? much better workout in my opinion and I swapped my rower for that

SIKES2806

Reaction score
Looking good, I didn't think to get a 5th spare for mine, may do the same but would look at a single mount on to my Decked system

@SIKES2806 side question. I noticed your concept2 rower, have you tried the skierg? much better workout in my opinion and I swapped my rower for that
Thanks man, if you have a very common size tire like mine and a real well like tire like the Toyo’s then you should consider getting it before you come across a situation where you might need it in a pickle. Had to pay extra to get in a week. Even wheels are backordered right now. Kinda sucks

To answer your question regarding the rower, not really man. Never really gave it a thought to be honest. I just use it, really gets the heart rate up and I don't have to go anywhere, like you would with running. Plus I jump on that thing at all hours of the day.

Users who are viewing this thread