Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Warped Window Trim

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
I also have 4 doors that have this same issue... @RamCares how do we handle this issue? 2020 Ram with 49k miles & extended warranty to 10 years & 150k. Please advise asap. Thank you!
Loosen the screw on the inside of the door at the end the hole is slotted it will allow it to expand and contract normally.

RamCares

RamCares Team
Reaction score
I w

I'll try and hope this works!! Thx!
We hope that the solution given by @H3LZSN1P3R proves useful. If not, we will be more than happy to see where we can assist with this concern. If issues persist, reach out to us, and we will do our best to aid.

Chris,
Ram Cares

ironmike

Reaction score
We hope that the solution given by @H3LZSN1P3R proves useful. If not, we will be more than happy to see where we can assist with this concern. If issues persist, reach out to us, and we will do our best to aid.

Chris,
Ram Cares
Ok, I loosened the screw and this has not moved any amount. It is sitting in the sun to see if any changes. Here’s the current pics of front doors & rear doors do not show warping yet.

Attachments

• IMG_3554.jpeg
    IMG_3554.jpeg
    346.1 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_3555.jpeg
    IMG_3555.jpeg
    298.2 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_3556.jpeg
    IMG_3556.jpeg
    313 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_3557.jpeg
    IMG_3557.jpeg
    313.4 KB · Views: 22

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Ok, I loosened the screw and this has not moved any amount. It is sitting in the sun to see if any changes. Here’s the current pics of front doors & rear doors do not show warping yet.
It should sit flat after a bit thats all i had to do with mine

AZCummins

Reaction score
I am on my third RAM, and the first two both had this exact issue (one 4th gen and one 5th gen). Current one is not doing it yet, but expecting to see it eventually.

I swear I remember reading somewhere that it is an issue with the screws beneath it but cannot remember how that individual eventually fixed it.

ironmike

Reaction score

Chris,
Ram Cares
I have let it sit in sun for 3 days now with screw removed and zero change thus far. @RamCares Please advise on how to get these warrantied replaced. Thank you

RamCares

RamCares Team
Reaction score
I have let it sit in sun for 3 days now with screw removed and zero change thus far. @RamCares Please advise on how to get these warrantied replaced. Thank you
We can definitely look into this for you. Please send us a private message including your VIN, and current mileage for us to see if any coverages exist for your concern.

Chris,
Ram Cares

Poolmonkey

Reaction score
Loosen the screw on the inside of the door at the end the hole is slotted it will allow it to expand and contract normally.
I did that and it expanded so much that the ends conflicted, wouldn’t allow the doors to open/close without tearing them up. Now, they really look like poo.
I waited until they cooled and contracted, retightened the screws.
I just ignore the issue, one of many on this truck that I do. People ask what’s wrong with them, I tell that it’s a POS.

Last edited:

Drumminguy81

Reaction score
i just replaced my chrome strips on my 2020 with black ones from amazon, quality looks great and the full set of 4 were about $50. easy to swap. I will say the chrome strips appear to be metal so less likely to warp, mine were not warped or damaged but i hate chrome. I figure if the new black rubber strips warp for $50 ill replace them again..

Last edited:

bigboost

Reaction score
2022, driver door showing signs already.

Florida sun isn't helping I'm sure.

Much like Poolmonkey, I just ignore it like all the other stupid issues with these trucks and accept that overall it's just a POS lol.

ironmike

Reaction score
So it seems ram just let me know there is no coverage for my belt mouldings warranty replacement for my truck. 2020 Ram 50k miles. I also just advised them i have an extended warranty for 10 years 150k miles.
Wonder why they would decline warranty replacement for mouldings?

LegendaryLawman

Legendary Pessimist
Reaction score
So it seems ram just let me know there is no coverage for my belt mouldings warranty replacement for my truck. 2020 Ram 50k miles. I also just advised them i have an extended warranty for 10 years 150k miles.
Wonder why they would decline warranty replacement for mouldings?

Another reason why extended warranties are a scam. They try to scare you in the finance office that everything is expensive and complicated only to deny small things down the road.

Users who are viewing this thread