Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

LED Cargo Bed Lights Wiring ?????

dvpvic

Reaction score
Hopefully the one I purchased will work

Do you happen to know does these fuses need to be turned on? Under the hood.
Im not sure how it works but in alphaOBD you will enable the feature to work
I've seen the cable you just posted. I just wasn't sure of the website. I went with something I found on Amazon in reviews someone mentioned this is why they purchased it.
I just purchased this cable yesterday. Should have it tonight.
Brand: TTXSPP
Cable Adaptor for Chrysler 12+8 Programming Cable Connector
I am not an expert but how I understand it is the cable you got is a "SGM?" and you will need access behind the cluster (which is a PITA to get to) instead if you use the cable I linked (and I use) it plugs into can buss modules just above your e-brake. Heres what others on forums have said;

"HD SGM is not as accessible and is located behind the instrument cluster, hence the confusion for some. Since it's such a PITA to get to, we use a different bypass cable that plugs into the CAN bus blocks. ETA: Said cable can also be used on the 1500 if desired."

I'd search around forums, youll find most use one that plugs into the can bus modules.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Hopefully the one I purchased will work

Do you happen to know does these fuses need to be turned on? Under the hood.
I've seen the cable you just posted. I just wasn't sure of the website. I went with something I found on Amazon in reviews someone mentioned this is why they purchased it.
I just purchased this cable yesterday. Should have it tonight.
Brand: TTXSPP
Cable Adaptor for Chrysler 12+8 Programming Cable Connector

Send it back.

That cable is for 1500's.

Our SGM is behind the instrument cluster so it's a royal PITA to access and use that cable. Get one that plugs into the CANBUS blocks right behind the headlight switch.

P.S. Listen to the guys here, 99% of them are spot on when telling you what you need.

GBenoit

Reaction score
Send it back.

Our SGM is behind the instrument cluster so it's a royal PITA to access and use that cable. Get one that plugs into the CANBUS blocks right behind the headlight switch.

P.S. Listen to the guys here, 99% of them are spot on when telling you what you need.

Send it back.

Thank you. I did just order it.

GBenoit

Reaction score
I just wanted to come back on here for the follow up. The cable that was recommended worked using the Alphaobd. Directions mentioned a green and white can bus. I had 2 green block 1 is the 2-row and block 2 was the 1-row.
Thank you for those that helped me.

dvpvic

Reaction score
My experience setting up this on my 2022 2500 was flawless thanks to all sharing in this thread. I Installed kit 82215795AB. Ran the wiring harness from the back to front both pin 17 of the C3 PDC (relay/fuse box near battery) connector and pin 16 of C7 BCM had wires landed which I removed and insulated at both locations. Programmed using Alpha OBD and the settings I set were;
CBC Config I/O: Bed Light Switch Input Present - Pin G16 > Enable
CBC Config I/O: Bed Lighting Present - Pin D6 > Enable

Appreciate all the contributions and also thank you to @Jimmy07

Users who are viewing this thread