Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Left turn signal activates high beams. 2023 2500

flan

Reaction score
Mine has been doing it since new. Dealer tech finally observed it happening in their parking lot last Wednesday. Took it in for the recall on Friday. They said it passed the recall tests so SCCM didn't need replacement!!!
Notify NHSTA.

Jettman

Reaction score
Notify NHSTA

Notify NHSTA.
I had notified them about the SCCM problem prior to the recall. I opened a new complaint about what happened when I took it in for the recall. I also notified Ram customer care both times. Irony is they told me about the recall and told me to take my truck to the dealership to get the SCCM replaced.

flan

Reaction score
What a joke they are. Basically they just tell you what you want to hear, well what they think you want to hear...

Jettman

Reaction score
Their contributions so far have simply been "concerns and apologies". I think solution to my problem is pretty straightforward. Replace my malfunctioning SCCM. I have documentation starting in August that I've reported "High beams headlight activation intermittently turns on the left turn signals and vise versa". I also have the service manager admitting that one of his techs operated my flash to pass function and observed the it causing the left turn signal to come on. It happened approximately 10 times while we were in the parking lot, but the truck passed the exact same test that's part of the recall inspection 2 days later. So they declared my truck trouble free and signed off the recall as complete.

flan

Reaction score
Pay for it then fight for reimbursement. If you do it yourself make sure you don’t buy new old stock, only the newest updated part number.

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
Pay for it then fight for reimbursement. If you do it yourself make sure you don’t buy new old stock, only the newest updated part number.

Stellantis has a difference policy than FCA did and wouldn’t reimburse me for installing the grid heater. So if you source it yourself I’d have the dealer install it and then submit for reimbursement.

dmhines

Reaction score
Thought I was home free .. haven't had the high beam turn signal issues in months ... had it happened twice today .. sooner or later I'll bring it in for recall .. but it seems if it is not occurring during inspection the dealer is not allowed to do anything ...

Roy.Poag

Reaction score
Thought I was home free .. haven't had the high beam turn signal issues in months ... had it happened twice today .. sooner or later I'll bring it in for recall .. but it seems if it is not occurring during inspection the dealer is not allowed to do anything ...
I thought they were required to replace the sccm. Due to the recall regardless.???

bonfire06

Reaction score
I originally had the same issue and the dealer couldn’t determine the root cause because of course it wasn’t happening by the time I took it in. Had the truck in for my first service and while it was there the dealer, without me asking about it, informed me of the recall and held it over an extra day to do the work. No issues since. At the time the service tech wasn’t even sure what the recall was, but after looking it up they replaced the steering control module.

MegaStro

Reaction score
Not getting the high beams activating but if I use the right turn signal and it self cancel's, it will activate the left turn signal for three flashes. Thought I was seeing things, now it happens a lot. I do have a 10,000 mile service scheduled already and a squeak in the steering wheel while turning. Tech says he has to take the steering wheel apart either way.

Nothotdog

Reaction score
Not getting the high beams activating but if I use the right turn signal and it self cancel's, it will activate the left turn signal for three flashes. Thought I was seeing things, now it happens a lot. I do have a 10,000 mile service scheduled already and a squeak in the steering wheel while turning. Tech says he has to take the steering wheel apart either way.
I had the exact same issue and it was a part of a recall: https://www.chrysler.com/universal/webselfservice/pdf/B2A.pdf

I took it in, they did a software refresh and it resolved it. They did say that if the refresh didn't work, they'd have to take apart the steering wheel.

usernamechecksout

Reaction score
You can disable the 3 blinks with alfa

usernamechecksout

Reaction score
Depends on who you ask.

I prefer not to let the dealer touch my truck because of past issues. Taking the steering wheel off to fix the clockspring has been met with some people getting their problem fixed and others still have the issue remain. In which case, you can disable the 3 blinks so you dont look like youre going crazy changing lanes when the left hand auto blinks after auto shutoff of the right hand blinker.

This is just a possible solution for those that dont want the 3 blinks and dont want to take it to the dealer.

MegaStro

Reaction score
Depends on who you ask.

I prefer not to let the dealer touch my truck because of past issues. Taking the steering wheel off to fix the clockspring has been met with some people getting their problem fixed and others still have the issue remain. In which case, you can disable the 3 blinks so you dont look like youre going crazy changing lanes when the left hand auto blinks after auto shutoff of the right hand blinker.

This is just a possible solution for those that dont want the 3 blinks and dont want to take it to the dealer.
Its not an issue if its working correctly, something is wrong in the column. I dont have an issue with the three flashes if I hit the signal, this is doing it by itself.

Users who are viewing this thread