Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bed step safety recall - W24 - W26 - W44

Great White North Eh

Squish Cat - And So
Reaction score
Received a second recall notice for the step. Not sure what’s up with that. :rolleyes: How’s about anyone else ..seconds? Boy my grammar sucks before coffee!

Gondul

Prince of Pintops
Reaction score
Received a second recall notice for the step. Not sure what’s up with that. :rolleyes: How’s about anyone else ..seconds? Boy my grammar sucks before coffee!

My notice states parts are available for fixing the step.. I will be calling the dealer to confirm they do have the parts in stock to make the repair... otherwise it will wait.

Dr__Bob

Reaction score
After having finally read this thread from beginning to end, I’m glad that I bought the Beech Lane tailgate ladder! LO!

.genomer

Reaction score
I went in last week for my recalls (3). They finished flashing software and said they needed to order the parts for the valve/step. Came back early this week and they completed the valve body but need me to come back for step.

I told the service advisor never to schedule me for a secondary appointment again, if they don't have all the parts. ...constantly come back for service over and over when we already know what needs to be done. Long story short, I love the bed step and refused to reschedule an appointment for the bracket fix.

One odd angled step by a 300lb contractor with a 50lb bag of cement over his shoulder doesn't warrant me feeling like I'll break my neck on the thing. Parts are hard to come by and I'll wait till the demand dies down.

lovegolf44

Reaction score
My notice states parts are available for fixing the step.. I will be calling the dealer to confirm they do have the parts in stock to make the repair... otherwise it will wait.
And? My dealer hasn't contacted me yet, be nice to know if the parts are available.

Gondul

Prince of Pintops
Reaction score
And? My dealer hasn't contacted me yet, be nice to know if the parts are available.

HA! Great question! I haven't moved the truck I posted that! Guess I should given them call and see what they say....

farmerpap

Reaction score
Recently brought my truck in for all the recalls. They didn't have the parts for the bed step. They also managed to put 3 scratches in the hood. They painted the hood and told me that they would call when the parts are in.

lovegolf44

Reaction score
Recently brought my truck in for all the recalls. They didn't have the parts for the bed step. They also managed to put 3 scratches in the hood. They painted the hood and told me that they would call when the parts are in.
Curious, how the hell did they scratch the hood?

lovegolf44

Reaction score
I ordered the new AE version a few weeks ago from my dealer and they had it in a few days later. Install was a breeze.
Pardon my naivety but did you say you ordered an AMP (AE) bed step from the dealership? RAM dealerships will install aftermarket parts?

lovegolf44

Reaction score
Sorry my mistake, I thought you were talking about the Mopar step.
Yes I am talking about the OE bed step that's on recall. I was referring to your dealership installing the AMP bed step so I may have been confused..

Scott_65

Reaction score
Hmmmm, I guess my dealership is full of you know what. Again, sorry for the confusion. The AE threw me off.
Yeah I originally ordered the step as 82215842AD and the parts guy told me it’s now now AE suffix due to the recall. They also told me after the fact it was on backorder till September and then got a call 2 days later it was in and ready for pickup.

lovegolf44

Reaction score
Yeah I originally ordered the step as 82215842AD and the parts guy told me it’s now now AE suffix due to the recall. They also told me after the fact it was on backorder till September and then got a call 2 days later it was in and ready for pickup.
Thx for sharing

Users who are viewing this thread