Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bed step safety recall - W24 - W26 - W44

litzdog911

Reaction score
Got this from my dealer today .....
It sounds like they are close but nothing yet. My parts guy says they developed a reinforcement bracket for the step but their is no replacement kit available for order yet. I'll keep you in the loop as I learn more.

farmerpap

Reaction score
Curious, how the hell did they scratch the hood?

Only thing we came up with was that the hood must have been a little too close to the ceiling in the shop when it was on the hoist. I can't complain, they have me a loaner, painted the hood and the red matches. Still a bit of a piss off on a new truck, **** happens.

lovegolf44

Reaction score
Only thing we came up with was that the hood must have been a little too close to the ceiling in the shop when it was on the hoist. I can't complain, they have me a loaner, painted the hood and the red matches. Still a bit of a piss off on a new truck, **** happens.
That's unreal. Glad you're satisfied with the paint job repair.

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
Your a better person than I am, they would of bought that hood if it was mine, I would of went off. Glad they matched it up good to your satisfaction.

Tom716

Reaction score
So I went ahead an ordered the new updated step (82215842AE) as my truck didn't come with one. I was amazed at the different pricing though. I ordered through Moparonlineparts.com for 288.65
My local dealer wanted 503.00 and mopar.com/parts wanted 365.00. While no one as of yet has it in stock, The place I ordered from put me on their list and will be sending them out in the order you ordered.

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
So I went ahead an ordered the new updated step (82215842AE) as my truck didn't come with one. I was amazed at the different pricing though. I ordered through Moparonlineparts.com for 288.65
My local dealer wanted 503.00 and mopar.com/parts wanted 365.00. While no one as of yet has it in stock, The place I ordered from put me on their list and will be sending them out in the order you ordered.
I always find the best deals on Moparonlineparts.com i got my $1500 30k puck fiver hitch for 1050. Exact same part #

farmerpap

Reaction score
Your a better person than I am, they would of bought that hood if it was mine, I would of went off. Glad they matched it up good to your satisfaction.

What is a person to do? Did they intentionally set out to scratch the truck? What does going off on a service manager get you? I ran a shop for years, I worked in the industry and still deal with things like this when the back shop accidentally drops something on the hood of a $680,000 tractor. **** happens, you do the right thing which is what the dealer did in my opinion. It's the first time they **** up and I will go back since it is still the only dealer I trust to get repairs done right the first time. Is it ideal, heck no, I sure as hell didn't want to have to paint a hood on a pretty new truck. That stone chip at the bottom edge of the hood that happened a few months back is now no longer bothering me!!
Hell, another local dealer gifted me with a gear case leak and said "oh well, we fixed the one issue you brought your truck in for and won't fix the new one we caused".

lovegolf44

Reaction score
What is a person to do? Did they intentionally set out to scratch the truck? What does going off on a service manager get you? I ran a shop for years, I worked in the industry and still deal with things like this when the back shop accidentally drops something on the hood of a $680,000 tractor. **** happens, you do the right thing which is what the dealer did in my opinion. It's the first time they **** up and I will go back since it is still the only dealer I trust to get repairs done right the first time. Is it ideal, heck no, I sure as hell didn't want to have to paint a hood on a pretty new truck. That stone chip at the bottom edge of the hood that happened a few months back is now no longer bothering me!!
Hell, another local dealer gifted me with a gear case leak and said "oh well, we fixed the one issue you brought your truck in for and won't fix the new one we caused".
I understand what you're saying but the piece that's missing here is what should the dealership do to make up for their mistake and the significant inconvenience? That's where dealerships lack some integrity and professional virtue, they do accidental damage but don't seem compelled to "make up for it" so to speak. Simply repairing damage they caused and giving an apology seems somewhat inadequate to me. Perhaps a discount coupon on your next service or something like that would serve to help make up for the inconvenience they caused. In my experience with similar matters (and I've had a couple), I rarely recall attempts to pay for a customer's inconvenience. My $.02.

farmerpap

Reaction score
I understand what you're saying but the piece that's missing here is what should the dealership do to make up for their mistake and the significant inconvenience? That's where dealerships lack some integrity and professional virtue, they do accidental damage but don't seem compelled to "make up for it" so to speak. Simply repairing damage they caused and giving an apology seems somewhat inadequate to me. Perhaps a discount coupon on your next service or something like that would serve to help make up for the inconvenience they caused. In my experience with similar matters (and I've had a couple), I rarely recall attempts to pay for a customer's inconvenience. My $.02.

They gave me a loaner, admitted fault, was terribly sorry as they know I keep my vehicles very clean and got it handled. I do my own services and always have. I don't buy vehicles from that dealer, they are my go to for servicing under warranty. If I have a problem the next time I go in it will be the last time I go to that dealer. Which leaves me with no dealers I trust around me.

LamboTexas

Reaction score
Exactly right

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
They gave me a loaner, admitted fault, was terribly sorry as they know I keep my vehicles very clean and got it handled. I do my own services and always have. I don't buy vehicles from that dealer, they are my go to for servicing under warranty. If I have a problem the next time I go in it will be the last time I go to that dealer. Which leaves me with no dealers I trust around me.
No disrespect but like I said, your a better person than me. They would of bought me a knew hood and a free service for the inconvenience. I am glad that your satisfied though. It's your vehicle and that's all that matters.

Brett196.7

Reaction score
Has anyone had issues with the steps in front of the rear wheels? Not the powered step. I stood on mine and it about buckled. I’m not a very heavy guy either.

Users who are viewing this thread