Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bed step safety recall - W24 - W26 - W44

RamCares

RamCares Team
Reaction score
Mine was W24

Looks like the recall has returned and is now listed as W54 to be 3500 specific.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mine shows that Recall #W44 was "Completed" on 4/2/20. I guess that just means they "completed" it by removing the bed step.

You both are correct.
We split up D2 vs DJ owners, so you will either see W24 or W54 on your VIN.

Kaitlin
Ram Cares

litzdog911

Reaction score
W44 is for unsold vehicles to have the step removed.

Thanks. Interesting. My truck was a factory order and they did remove the bed step before I picked it up at our local dealer. Just hope they notify me when I can get it installed again!

RamCares

RamCares Team
Reaction score
@RamCares

When will the removed bed steps be replaced?

Depending on which recall you are included under, it will be the next few months. You'll get a letter when they are available.

Hmmm. I'm not seeing either of those on my 2500 VIN. Only the "completed" W44 recall.

For W44, you will get a CSN added to your VIN to get the steps back on. That won't show on your VIN yet but since you see W44 you will have the CSN added.

Kaitlin
Ram Cares

litzdog911

Reaction score
Depending on which recall you are included under, it will be the next few months. You'll get a letter when they are available.

For W44, you will get a CSN added to your VIN to get the steps back on. That won't show on your VIN yet but since you see W44 you will have the CSN added.

Kaitlin
Ram Cares

Thanks Kaitlin. I'll try to be patient :)

lovegolf44

Reaction score
My truck's technically not under a recall because they didn't install the bed step at the factory at my request (would have delayed shipping) even though I had ordered the Bed Utility Group. So I'm just waiting for the parts to be available for install. Like others on here in my situation, I was told I would get some sort of coupon for the install, that never happened.

Omar RVA

Reaction score
My truck's technically not under a recall because they didn't install the bed step at the factory at my request (would have delayed shipping) even though I had ordered the Bed Utility Group. So I'm just waiting for the parts to be available for install. Like others on here in my situation, I was told I would get some sort of coupon for the install, that never happened.

Same boat. Given that they’re still saying there’s no fix I’m more concerned about all parties forgetting about the coupon agreement.

OA

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Same boat. Given that they’re still saying there’s no fix I’m more concerned about all parties forgetting about the coupon agreement.

OA

That was for the recalled step, no longer available.

LOL, j/k I hope everyone gets their step I need to get my truck in for the brakes pulling/alignment issue and just need to keep the dealer away from it. Hell, I may pull it myself before so they can't get it. I did get both a tech and the service writer to say that if I tell them NOT to do the recall, they can't touch it. Dunno if that's true or not.

Omar RVA

Reaction score
That was for the recalled step, no longer available.

LOL, j/k I hope everyone gets their step I need to get my truck in for the brakes pulling/alignment issue and just need to keep the dealer away from it. Hell, I may pull it myself before so they can't get it. I did get both a tech and the service writer to say that if I tell them NOT to do the recall, they can't touch it. Dunno if that's true or not.
Lol I was about to go full @Rich for a hot second.

OA

RamCares

RamCares Team
Reaction score

OA

Once there are parts available for the recall, you'll get the voucher. We can't send a voucher if there aren't any parts!

Kaitlin
Ram Cares

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
Once there are parts available for the recall, you'll get the voucher. We can't send a voucher if there aren't any parts!

Kaitlin
Ram Cares
Thanks kaitlin. That's what we've been waiting to here. Hopefully ram can sweeten the deal a bit as some of us have physical disabilities that require the use of some extra assistance getting up in our bed. Getting old sucks. Besides if you follow this forum enough you will understand that you definitely don't want members to go full out rich on anybody, that's never pretty. I honestly thought you all forgot about us as well. Getting in and out of that truck bed is a mother. You climb to get in and you fall trying to get out. I need a sticker on mine that sais , some assistance needed.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
I bet @RamCares could get you one of these for your troubles Rich:

61ETcfJB29L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
I bet @RamCares could get you one of these for your troubles Rich:

61ETcfJB29L._AC_SL1500_.jpg
Ohhhhh, i should of known that was coming from you , smart @$$ brutal. That's a good one though. I can see myself tying off with some rappel gear and then coming in to my tool box like Tom Cruz in mission impossible. Key the background music:cool:. All kidding aside though. With all my tools in the toolbox, im up and down from that bed and with my condition , it ain't pretty, pretty painful, but i can remedy that.

Users who are viewing this thread