Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adding the OEM hidden tailgate strut to any trim.

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score
Last edited:

pacu44

Reaction score
Part number was probably superseded

Edit: this is the same part number I ordered
This is what I find on several mopar parts sites. have tried 3 this week that didnt list as not available and all orders canceled by vendor for discontinued part...
1643979876922.png

Last edited:

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
I remember seeing one from Deezee that goes on the oem balls instead of their usual kit they sell

Grateful Dad

Reaction score
I remember seeing one from Deezee that goes on the oem balls instead of their usual kit they sell
I looked on their site and if you select 1500 instead of 2500, it shows removing the taillight and connecting to the existing mounts. I did notice on the lower half of the pdf it shows it mounted externally but the direction above clearly show otherwise.

Not sure but you would think it would work on a 2500 that has the same existing mounting nubs?!

Anyone know if the length is different? Surely not, would seem cost prohibitive on Ram’s part…….

Grateful Dad

Reaction score
Hope I don’t get in trouble but here ya go fellas.

Edit, removed link and attached pd, not sure if we’re allowed to post urls…………..

Attachments

• DZ43302-Instructions.pdf
    853.9 KB · Views: 49

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
I looked on their site and if you select 1500 instead of 2500, it shows removing the taillight and connecting to the existing mounts. I did notice on the lower half of the pdf it shows it mounted externally but the direction above clearly show otherwise.

Not sure but you would think it would work on a 2500 that has the same existing mounting nubs?!

Anyone know if the length is different? Surely not, would seem cost prohibitive on Ram’s part…….
That is only the 5th gen DT 1500 that dee zee has the shock mounting in the factory location. If you try to use it on an HD Ram, you won’t be able to shut the tailgate all the way. The dee zee kit for the 2019+ HD Rams is still the style that mounts next to the cable.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
That is only the 5th gen DT 1500 that dee zee has the shock mounting in the factory location. If you try to use it on an HD Ram, you won’t be able to shut the tailgate all the way. The dee zee kit for the 2019+ HD Rams is still the style that mounts next to the cable.
Ah that must have been what i saw, do you have a possible dimention ball to ball and stroke length surly one can be soruced from someone like mcmaster carr

Dforquell

Reaction score
I got a brainstorm today. Was at a rv parts place and they had a pretty big assortment of struts of varying lengths and strengths. Can someone who has one of these provide an educated guess on the extended length? They come in 10,20 and 30 lb force weights. Price was around $30 at the dealer but Amazon has them too

Attachments

• 6F8B9A00-2C28-4BBA-B87E-900B21FD119F.png
    6F8B9A00-2C28-4BBA-B87E-900B21FD119F.png
    854.7 KB · Views: 19

Hunter11

Reaction score
I ordered this part from my local dealer 11/2 and was told delivery around 1/2. Was told this week 45 to 60 more days. All I can do is wait and see what happens.

The post up the page about using a standard strut would be a good option if we knew the extended and retracted length.

pacu44

Reaction score
I have been hitting up dealers and mopar part sites all week, last night I received this

"We are currently out of stock. 3-15 is the current eta."

Hunter11

Reaction score
I paid for the one my dealer ordered up front so I am going to let it ride for a while and see what happens. If it does become discontinued they will just credit my money back. I can't imagine them being discontinued with so many being installed on trucks for a few years now. These days who knows.......

pacu44

Reaction score
I have been hitting up dealers and mopar part sites all week, last night I received this

"We are currently out of stock. 3-15 is the current eta."
I just got credited from another dealer who originally said 3-15-22 now saying that the part # is no longer available. 3rd vendor to tell me this...

Users who are viewing this thread