Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adding the OEM hidden tailgate strut to any trim.

Anrkist

Reaction score
For what its worth ordered from mopar yesterday, shipped today. Seems like they are back in stock.

pacu44

Reaction score
yep loosen and remove both torx bolts. then stand directly behind tailight and slide to you. it will slide dont peel away to the side of the truck slied back toward bumper.

Reaction score
yep loosen and remove both torx bolts. then stand directly behind tailight and slide to you. it will slide dont peel away to the side of the truck slied back toward bumper.
Thank you for the tip. The forum has been really helpful in my trucks journey.

Dmbecke

Reaction score
Thanks, why do all the OEM Mopar parts sites say this 68362121 part will not fit the 2020 3500 Tradesman ?

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Thanks, why do all the OEM Mopar parts sites say this 68362121 part will not fit the 2020 3500 Tradesman ?
Only because they never came from the factory with them … i have one on my 19 tradesman i put on

Anrkist

Reaction score
Has anyone gotten a bad damper or had one go bad? I installed the OEM one I bought, it worked a handful of times very soft/smooth then it started only slowing the drop slightly but the gate still bounces a little at the end because it drops harder than I would expect?

Users who are viewing this thread